Community volunteers, congregations, and agencies that work with disabled and mentally ill populations are invited to come to Trinity Episcopal Cathedral on Wednesday, May 27th at 6pm for Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Listen to first hand experiences of what it’s like living with a mental illness
- Learn ways to enhance recovery of mentally ill individuals
- Discover ways to reduce stigma
- Learn about the different mental illnesses
- Find helpful ways to cope with difficult situations
- Cover skills for compassion and listening boundaries
- Provide basic info about community resources
Time: 6:00 pm -to- 9:00 pm
6:00 to 7:30 - Presentation: “In Our Own Voice” by NAMI Multnomah
7:30 to 9:00 - Volunteer training and a question and answer periodLocation: Bishop Scott Room of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
(147 NW 19th, 97209)
Food and beverages will be provided.
Please R.S.V.P beore May 20th to Codi at the NWPM office. Call 503-221-1224 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.